An herbal smudge composed of pure dried lavender. The most widely acknowledged use for lavender is as a tool for calming, sleep, and stress-reduction. It holds a strong link to feelings of happiness and peace. By positively affecting the emotions of those exposed, lavender encourages one to hold less anger.
Lavender can be used to purify spaces and clear negativity. It is also used to purify crystals and other implements of magic.
Smudge stick measures 4″.
Sustainably sourced from Fluorescent Ranch in Grand Mesa, CO.
How to use your herbal smudge:
(Before lighting, make sure you have a safe place to put your smudge stick when it is burning! Make sure to choose something flame-resistant such as ceramic or stone. Avoid paper, rubber, and other flammable materials. It can be beneficial to choose a vessel that has special significance to you.)
- The first step is intention-setting. The intention behind any ritual is the driving force that produces results. Any and all effects will come, at their core, from your own mind.
- Now that you’ve got your intention set, you can begin by opening at least one door/window. This will keep the room from becoming too smoky as well as serve as an exit pathway for any energies that are being cast out.
- Light one end of the smudge stick. It can help to use an open flame such as a candle. After it catches, wait for a few moments before blowing out the flame at the end of the stick. It should begin to smolder and produce smoke. If the smoke ceases before you are finished with your ritual, carefully light the end once more.
- Waft the smoke through your space in whatever way feels right for you, per the intention you set in the beginning. Do take care to remember that you are holding a burning object! You may want to hold a small fireproof dish or abalone shell to catch any ashes or embers as you go about your cleansing.
- When you’re finished, place the smudge stick onto the safe surface you chose in the beginning. You can extinguish it by pressing it gently onto the dish or allow it to go out on its own.
After your cleansing ritual, you may choose to put forth your own positive intentions into the fresh, clean space.